1978 Peterson NY 40 Sailboat One design racer/cruiser
PRICE REDUCED FROM $58,000. - NOW $48,000. NOW $42,000.
SERIOUSLY EQUIPPED AND UPDATED
The New York 40, a Doug Peterson design for the members of the New York Yacht Club for a one design racing and cruiser. It was the first sailboat they designed at that time to not only be raced, but also to be comfortable to cruise with family. The boat has a V- berth, main solon, and aft cabin with over 6 ft of head room. Sleeping for 6.
40' Peterson New York 40 Sloop For Sale
40 x 12-8 x 6-8
Fiberglass Once design Racer Cruiser
19000 Gross tons
Speed 6.8 knots
Westerbeke 27 hp diesel, 4 cyl, 3.4 gal per hour
3950 hours since new in 1992, freshwater cooled
Reduction gear ZF15MIV 2.13 New 2019
Propeller 16" bronze, 1" SS shaft
Fuel 25 gals in SS tank
120 gals water in 2 SS tanks
25 gals holding in plastic tank
80 amp alternator
Batteries, 1 start, 3 hours wetcell
AC DC panels, fused and breakerd
Shore Power 30am
Inverter 500 amp
Battery charger 10 amp
Garmin VHF new 2012
2 x Garmin Plotters 2017 and 2019
Garmin radar 2019
Dacron, new Genoa 135 2018, 100% Jib 2018, New main full batten 2019
Solid rod forestay
Rocna 15lb, Danforth 25lb
Anchor rode 40' 5/16 BBB chain w 200' 3/4 nylon
6 fire extinguishers
3 bilge pumps, 1 manual
Bell, flares, horn, life ring
Bow pulpit, stern rail, life lines, boarding ladder
6 berths, 2 staterooms, both doubles
1 head, shower
Force 10 stove 2010
Sink, ice box fridge
Teak and holly sole
4 Vents, ports, hatches
Survey 2017 available.
1978 Peterson NY 40 Sailboat One design racer/cruiser
Owner purchased the boat to cruise south in the winter, and have sailed from Boston, the coast of Maine, to St John, NB and offshore trip to Halifax. The boat sails excellent and points high windward where most cruising boats are unable to sail.
If you're looking of a comfortable sailboat and one that really sails well, this is a maybe the boat for you.
2017 full Condition and Value survey completed. All Items on the survey that needed attention were corrected. Here is a sample listing of improvements completed.
1. Removal of bridge deck skin and replace balsam core with form and re-fiber glassed with West systems and painted.
2. Re-bedded deck mounted winch holder.
3. Cleaned dirty bilges,
4. 2019 completely replaced engine exhaust hoses, new muffler, and transom tru-hull stainless fitting.
5. 2020 Replace cockpit drain hoses, and shut off valve 2019.
6. Hydraulic rams for back stay and boom rebuilt 2016.
7. Fall 2019 by marine electrician completed a re-work and update of 12-volt electrical system, relocated all batteries to new aft location, new Balmar high output alternator 80amp, and battery monitoring system. Along with an internal and external volage regulator. Starting battery new fall 2019 and house batteries new 2018. AC 12 volt system replaced corrected based on 2017 survey $6000
8. 2019 tides marine main sail slide system installed on mast and new main sail with stainless slides hardware. $2500
9. Sails, Bohndell sailmaker, new 2019, full batten, 4 riff points, extra full batten main built in 2018 storage, New 135 Genoa Sail, new 2019 never used 100% working jib, spinnaker year unknown. $10000
10. 2019, new pedestal handrail, instrument pod, Garmin Radar,9" Garmin chart plotter, Garmin receiver and transmitter AIS. $4500
11. 2019 new ZF V drive transmission installed $4000
12. 2019, Engine exhaust manifold replaced, new fuel injectors, and glow plug, fuel lines replace, fuel pump replaced. Replaced all engine mounts. The Westerbeke 27 was replace and updated in 1990, the owner before me used the boat in Boston has a summer camp on the slip and the boat was almost never sailed. The engine meter indicates around 3000 hours. Engine runs very well. 6.8 knots at 2600 rpm.
13. 2019, new Gory 3 blade feathering propellor with over drive feature. $3500. This prop propels the boat to cruise at 6-7 knots at 2600rpm. 3000 max rpm
14. 2020 new cabin soles.
15. 2017, new propeller shaft, shaft coupler and stuffing box.
16. 2019 CPT auto pilot, wheel mounted auto pilot, low electric usage, built for immersion and very powerful.
The boat is equipped with a heat pump for heating and cooling and worked the last time I was at a slip in 2019. We have installed an engine buss heating for cabin heating while the engine is in use.
2015 rudder removed and new bearing installed.
2016 lewmar windlass installed, 200' 3 strand rope with 40' of 5/16 chain
2019 new Rocna anchor , danforth anchor2015 and 150' of ¾ rope and 30' chain for backup.
2010 new force 10 cook stove and oven
2016 new refrigeration unit installed for icebox
2010 all hatches replaced by prior owner
2010 new cabin cushions by prior owner
2015 all paint removed for hull and repainted with Alexseal
2015 Deck was stripped and repainted and non-slip sand applied
2020 All shrouds and turnbuckles replace.
2019 backstay replaced
Kell removed from boat, sand blasted, keel boat inspected, re-faired and re attached to hull
2020 Forestay inspected and good condition but should be replaced at some point in the future
Most fixture replaced with Led lighting
2019 deck mast lights replaced with LED flood, Anchor light new LED, led running lights.
2019 New bimini canvas
This boat has had over 60k of updates after the initial purchase price of boat.
Disclaimer: ALL DETAILS BELIEVED TO BE CORRECT BUT WITHOUT GUARANTEE - VESSEL OFFERED, AS IS, WHERE IS, SUBJECT TO PRIOR SALE, PRICE CHANGE, OR WITHDRAWAL WITHOUT NOTICE